I made it, back to the mainland in one piece. Well, just about.

I left tiny, beautiful Guernsey early Wednesday morning and got a flight to Gatwick and a train into London to be met my best friend Shannon (aka Chummy) at Victoria station. We spent the day snuggled up watching Netflix and eating sweets because it was raining all flipping day. I'd woken up that morning with a sore throat - typical isn't it? I stayed dosed up on painkillers and strepsils all day and by Thursday, said sore throat had disappeared - WAHOO!

For now.

On Thursday, it was Shannon's birthday so after she unwrapped cards and presents from my family (her pretty-much adopted family), we headed into Central London. It was an eventful birthday for her, and I don't know about her but I had a fab day!

Here are some of the highlights...

You know you've got the best best friend when you arrive at her flat and she has made gluten and dairy free banana bread!

Shannon's birthday breakfast was rather delicious...

I'm the most embarrassing forward-slash brilliant friend, buying her this birthday badge. 9 different people out and about in London said happy birthday to her, including a bus driver who wound down his window and started singing happy birthday!!

Shannon took me to Kensington Gardens which was as beautiful as she had said. Naturally, we got a few photos there.

We wandered around Covent Garden for a while which was super busy but I absolutely love it there.

Whilst we were around the South Bank, we popped over to see my old friend Phillip Schofield who was VERY up for a selfie. He really is the loveliest man.

London looking absolutely FLAW-LESS!

For Shannon's birthday meal, she introduced me to Bill's and I've got to say - this was the yummiest steak and sweet potato chips I've had in a very long time! Mmmm, my mouth is watering just typing this.

The birthday chummy and her glass of wine looking beaut.

Shannon's birthday present this year from me was tickets to see Les Mis on the West End. Can you tell how excited we were?!

After the show, we had a lovely chat with Carrie Hope Fletcher, one of our favourite people/vloggers on this planet. She is currently playing Eponine and she was INCREDIBLE. What a wonderfully kind, brilliant and talented girl we had the pleasure of seeing.

When we got back, it was time to light Shannon's birthday cupcakes (one of them was mine though, obvs). They were dairy and gluten free, bought from Ms. Cupcake in Brixton and they were DELISH.

I woke up on Friday and Mr. Sore Throat was back, wasn't he. My plan for Friday was to leave London at around 11am and meet my mum and step-dad off the ferry (with all my stuff to move into my new uni accommodation - ha!) in Poole at 1pm, but Condor Ferries had other ideas. Their boat was cancelled so I spent half the day with Shannon, and the other half with my aunty and cousins at my 3rd home, let's be honest. By the evening, my sore throat had transitioned into a full-blown cold and I felt absolutely awful *sniff* *snuffle*. The day went very differently to how we expected, but I got to spend more time with some awesome people so who's complaining? Well, my parents, I guess, but they reassured me they survived getting into Poole at 1:30am, bless them.

I got the train down to meet them on Saturday morning and we moved me into my new house with my five lovely girlies. Mr. Full-Blown Cold was having a field day. I, on the other hand, was not. We moved all my things into my room, discovered that the house hadn't been cleaned since the last tenants left (ew) and my poor mum had to clean my room from top to bottom and was greeted with some very questionable drawers and cupboards.

Saying that, the house is spacious, my room is rather beautiful and I'm living with some wonderful people.

 We went shopping for random bits and bobs, I felt like a four letter word starting with 's' and we ate late. When I got back from a meal with my parents, the other girls were heading out into town so I was home alone - but that didn't matter! All I wanted was sleep! All in all, it was a pretty successful day.

Yesterday, I woke up in my new room feeling heaps better. This only increased when Mr Postman delivered my new colouring pens!! STATIONERY HEAVEN!

The afternoon was spent shopping for more stuff but by the time we reached Sainsbury's I really didn't feel good. When we got back, it felt like my whole body was holding a million heavy bricks inside it - that's the only way I can describe it - so I headed straight for bed.

I woke up about an hour later to find my parents had gone out for a meal, the girls were all cooking, and I felt a little better, but still a little weird. I felt sad and frustrated that I couldn't be cooking dinner with my new housemates and socialising very much but my body was not a happy bunny. It was SUCH bad timing.
Later on, I perked up a bit and spent some time with my mum and her partner before they had to leave to get a 3am ferry back home. I was emotional when they left. I wasn't last year, but I think that was because I was excited and hopeful that I would have the best year of my life, and then I didn't. So I suppose it's understandable that I'm anxious about this year, right?

Today was a better day. My cold has eased off now, although I'm afraid I'm going to wake up in the morning having lost my voice from talking to the girls so much today!! I did some organising and room decorating, including this fabulous (if I may say so myself) wall of photos, with help from the girls!

I spent the rest of the day chilling with the girls and we watched X Factor together this evening - good old X Factor!

Apologies for the very lengthy blog post - a lot has been going on I guess! I've been slacking with the blog posts recently, and want to get into doing some more videos, so I'm going to try to up my game!

I hope you all have a great week, and for those of you settling into uni life, I hope it goes well for you. If in doubt, eat pizza. X